Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Journal: Priority is Design

Right now, it's still the design that's my priority, my focus, not so much the content.  The purpose of the content to this point has been to help develop the design, which I've been happy with so far.  Although, it has been slow and sometimes arduous.  It seems I get to a certain place where I like how it looks, start going over all the current pages to get them cleaned up and looking right, and I change something on the current page.  Tweak it just a bit more, make it just a bit better.  Then, I have to go back to all the previous pages and tweak them the same way.  As it stands now, I have so many different tweaks on different pages, I need to go over all the pages to match them all up.  So, at this point, I need to pick one page (and not the home page, since it is a bit different) standardize it, maybe even draw out all the different elements in a graph book I have, and us it as a template for the rest of the pages.  It will be very good to be methodical and disciplined about this process.  My creativity needs to be on a leash, otherwise I wind up in the same boat I'm in now.

Currently, the main tweak change or modification has been making the horizontal navigation bar (7 buttons) a lite blue.  And then, the mouse over color would reflect the current subject matter. And, moving the 'bookmark and share' buttons to the middle of the navy blue vertical navigation bar.

Yes, this is a static (a word I don't like using) website, where every page is custom, or can be customized.  That's the nature of this software I'm using and works just fine for my purposes.
Now that I've started this blog, I need to prioritize and block my time even more.  At some point I need to create a spreadsheet to keep track of all the pages, and the work or updates that's been done on each of them.


1 comment: