Monday, December 12, 2011

2011 Project Homeless Connect (#2)

Normally, I would be doing what could before hand to prepare for PHC. I'd be, most importantly, doing final edits to the flier for the project, and finding a way get them printed. These are the kinds of events where I can find the most enthusiastic kind of support. Yet, it's still not as strong as one might think.

However, this year I had already volunteered to help Open Access Connections with there service, providing voice mail numbers to the unemployed, poor, and homeless. OAC is still helping people in spite of having their main financial support cut during the recent Minnesota government shut down and spending cuts.

This time I was actually on the line helping fill out the forms for people. It was nice to be more productive, instead of half helping and half going around to promote my project. It's never a wasted experience, and especially good for making connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment